Battlefield High School Counseling Contact Information:
Battlefield High School Profile
BHS Counseling Department 2016-2017 Master Calendar
2016-2017 School Counseling Brochure
Updated New Graduation Requirements
Graduation requirements are determined by the year the student first enters 9th grade. Click here to review graduation requirements.
Core Curriculum Lesson Data
Counseling Advisory Council
Battlefield High School Mission Statement
At Battlefield High School, we believe that student learning is the highest priority and all students can learn to their fullest potential. Students will develop their individual talents, critical thinking and technology skills by being actively engaged in the learning process. Continuous commitment to improvement ensures that our students are well-rounded, self-directed, life-long learners. By maintaining a safe and optimum learning environment, we provide the opportunity for students to be successful learners. Promoting high standards and expectations, our teachers, administrators, parents and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission. Anything and everything is possible: Success is a Choice.
School Counseling Department Mission Statement
Battlefield High School Counselors will work to create and support a positive, student-centered, culturally sensitive learning environment, ensuring that all students achieve personal success, learn to their fullest potential, and become responsible, productive citizens. The counselors at Battlefield High School meet the needs of each student, without prejudice, by providing academic, personal/social, and career counseling while fostering supportive partnerships with parents, faculty, and community members.
School Counseling Department Vision
Battlefield High School students are well-equipped to meet the complex and evolving challenges of a twenty-first century global society. Battlefield High School students, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, and religious affiliation, thrive in a rigorous academic environment, becoming effective college students, responsible citizens, productive workers, and life-long learners. The Battlefield High School comprehensive school counseling program, through effective collaboration with key stakeholders, nurtures every student's personal journey, meeting their individual needs to ensure equal access to high-quality opportunities. Our students demonstrate resiliency and cultural awareness as they achieve their fullest potential and contribute to the school, community, and society while advocating for themselves and others.
The professional school counselors at Battlefield High School believe:
- All students have the capacity to thrive academically and personally and to reach their fullest potential, meeting our high standards and expectations.
- Diversity is to be respected and appreciated as we foster unity among our students, faculty, staff, and community through effective collaboration, communication, and service.
- All students have equal access to a comprehensive school counseling program which serves as an integral piece of the educational experience by teaching students skills to be life-long learners and responsible, productive citizens.
- Counselors serve all students by supporting the whole person through developmentally appropriate planning, managing, delivering, and evaluating data-driven educational programs that foster academic, social, and career development.
- All students have value, and as such, we preserve dignity and promote the growth and success of all students without bias to cultural, religious, socioeconomic, or academic differences.
- Each Professional School Counselor abides by the American School Counseling Association's professional school counseling ethical and professional standards to provide appropriate and unified service for the safety and success of all students.
- Counselors are school leaders, and advocating for all students and collaborating with all stakeholders is critical in order to remove barriers to student learning by closing the gap and promoting the achievement of students' academic, personal/social, and career goals.
- Counselors will continue to develop their skills and assist in enhancing the school counseling program through professional development activities at the local, state, and national level.