New Student Registration

How To Enroll  Your Student
Find Your School

Welcome to the Home of the Bobcats!

All new student registrations are by appointment only. Please call the Registrar at 703.743.3706 to schedule an appointment for your student. All students must be accompanied by the custodial parent or legal guardian, as evidenced by court papers indicating legal custody. Foster parents must have placement paperwork from the courts and also from the foster agency.

You will need the following items at registration:
  1. A completed immunization record signed by a physician/health department official or a school immunization record. Required immunizations include: (View PWCS Reg 723-6)
    • Diphtheria, Tetanus, & Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, or Tdap): A minimum of 4 doses with one of the doses on or after the fourth birthday. Effective July 1, 2006, a booster dose of Tdap vaccine is required for all children entering the 6th grade, if at least five years have passed since the last dose of tetanus-containing vaccine.
    • Polio Vaccine: A minimum of 4 doses of polio vaccine. One dose must be administered on or after the fourth birthday.
    • Varicella (Chickenpox) Vaccine: All susceptible children born on and after January 1, 1997, shall be required to have one dose of chickenpox vaccine administered at age 12 months or older. Effective March 3, 2010, a second dose must be administered prior to entering kindergarten or at appropriate medical interval between dose 1 and dose 2.
    • Measles: Two (2) doses of live virus measles (rubeola) vaccine, one dose given 12 months of age or older and a second dose administered prior to entering Kindergarten or 1st grade, whichever occurs first (effect July 1, 1991).
    • Rubella: One (1) dose of rubella vaccine received at 12 months of age or older.
    • Mumps: One (1) dose of mumps vaccine received at 12 months of age or older.
    • Hepatitis-B Series: Three (3) doses.
    • Proof of negative tuberculin screening done within 30 days prior to registering for all students who resided outside of the USA for three consecutive months within the past five years.
  2. The original birth certificate or a certified true copy of the birth certificate. (If you need to request an official birth certificate, try this website:
  3. Student's Social Security card.
  4. Report card and transcript from the previous school, complete with the school's name and address.
  5. SOL test results from Virginia schools.
  6. Proof of address (One of the following documents must be presented in order to prove residency: Deed/Contract or Rental/Lease Agreement or Notarized Affidavit of Residency, and additionally, two of the following must also be presented: Valid driver's license, car registration, utility bill, personal property tax bill, county or town sticker receipt, voter registration.)
Without items 1, 2 and 6, the registration cannot take place and you will need to make another appointment.

Students who are receiving Special Education Services will need to bring a copy of their current IEP.

Students who are enrolled in the English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) program will need to schedule an appointment for placement testing before completing registration by calling 571.402.3800.

It is not necessary for high school age students to have a physical for school entrance; however, if the student plans to participate in athletics, a Virginia High School League physical is necessary for participation.

We look forward to meeting you and your family and having you as a member of the Battlefield school community.

Registration Documents

You will need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to access .PDF format documents. It is a free download.

PWCS New Student Registration Form ENGLISH
PWCS New Student Registration Form Fillable ENGLISH
PWCS New Student Registration Form ARABIC