What happened at our January 12th meeting?
Complete with homemade toga, our fearless Educational Officer Mitch led us through a lesson about Ancient Greece. Then we gorged on potluck treats such as flan, spinach dip, cheesecake, pizza, and other culinary delights! Thank you for bringing in treats, everyone!
Here is a summary of what happened at our December 8th meeting:
* Wellll, our cookie baking was a bust. There was a water main break nearby that shut down our clean water supply. Since we didn't want to bake cookies with hands and bowls that were washed with contaminated water, we decided not to bake cookies. The cookie baking will be rescheduled for another time.
* Educational Officer Mitch gave a fabulous presentation about Romania while we chowed on our Culinary Officer's deliciously homemade monkey-bread.
* We admired the new International Club t-shirt design and will be ordering new stock soon!
* We discussed the fund raising t-shirts for Kojo Bonsu. Kojo is a student at Battlefield who helped us out with International Night last year. (He modeled for us during the fashion show portion of the evening!) He is awaiting a heart transplant. T-shirts are being sold during lunches to raise money to help the family with medical expenses. Then we took a group picture and Dulce tweeted the picture to Kojo! Thanks, Dulce!
* The blanket/coat drive for the Syrian refugees continues until December 16. If you are able to stay after school on the 16th to help inventory items and pack the car(s), that would be most appreciated!
* School-approved posters advertising the International Club and International Night were hung up throughout the school.
* The VPs showed off a nifty Christmas tree that will be given to somebody high ranking at Battlefield. ;) Said tree was decorated by club members.
* Club members made some holiday cards as desired for particular teachers.
Have a wonderful holiday break and Happy New Year!
Here is a summary of our meeting held on November 10th:
* Mitch gave an awesome presentation on the wonderful nation of Thailand! Thank you Educational Officer Mitch!
* We supplemented our learning by eating delicious pad thai cooked by our Culinary Officer Jordin. Thank you Jordin!
* Next we voted on our new t-shirt design. Option #2 won! (Sorry, no picture here, but it was the one that looked similar to the
current design. It said Battlefield High School at the bottom)
* Our Vice Presidents discussed offering Christmas tree cut-outs instead of Turkey Hands to offer as thank you cards. We will tackle that
idea next month.
* We voted on the logo for International Night. The winner is
"Two Worlds Collide" (picture in the document container below).
* Syrian refugee blanket and coat drive will start ASAP -
stay tuned for information.
Highlights for next month:
* Educational focus will be on the fabulous country of Greece!
* December 6 - poster making
* December 8 - International Club meeting room 1132 for cookie baking and thank you card making
INTERNATIONAL CLUB OFFICERS
Co-Presidents: Trinity Le and Maheen Qureshi
Co-Vice Presidents: Rohan Hosuru and Tae Lee
Co-Secretaries: Nashwa Osmani and Robert Lazar
Publicity Manager: Jocelyn Cruz
Publicity Officers: Suejin Chang and Jeffrey Villatoro
Entertainment Coordinators: Brooke Cash and Emily Hill
Educational Officer: Mitchell McLaughlin
Culinary Officer: Jordin McLean
Officers-at-Large: Barbra Diaz and Kendra Diaz