2017 NOVA Placement Testing
Locations TBA at 2:10
Register for placement testing
Instructions for students planning to DUAL ENROLL with NOVA during the 2017-2018 school year
- To apply and receive the NOVA student ID number, students who plan to attend dual enroll with NOVA in the fall of 2017 should use the Dual Enrollment Application Directions
- Any dual enrollment student who does not test at Battlefield will need to make arrangements to test at NOVA.
- Students enrolling in dual enrollment courses will only take the English test, with the exception of those who are registered for IT Programming. IT Programming students will take an English and a Math Test. Each test takes approximately 2 hours. If a student is required to take two tests, they will need to schedule the tests on two separate days.
-If you tested last year, those scores will be sufficient. However, if you are registered for IT Programming there is a higher cut score for the class, and the math test is required.
Instructions for current seniors planning to attend NOVA ID during the 2017-2018 school year
- To apply and receive the NOVA student ID number, students who plan to attend NOVA in the fall of 2017 should use the NOVA Online Application Directions
-Students will need to take an English and a Math placement test. The tests must be taken on separate days. Each test will take approximately 2 hours.
NOVA ID Number
-You must create your NOVA ID student number prior to testing. If you already have a student ID number you do not need to reapply.
-Once you have finished the application process, print out the summary sheet with name, NOVA ID #, and VCCS e-mail address (you will want to bring this the day of the test)
-It is important to note that when students sign-in to take the practice test, they must supply a different e-mail address than the one to be used for the actual placement test. The e-mail cannot be the same, or they will not be able to log in for the placement test.
- If you have either of the following scores on your SAT or ACT you may place out of the English Test
SAT beginning March 2016
560 (ERW Combined Score) Critical reading/writing
PSAT beginning Oct 2015
A PSAT subscore of 28 on the Writing subscore, and 27 on the Reading subscore
A PSAT subscore of 27 for the mathematics
An ACT score of 18 on the Reading and an 18 on the Writing (the Writing section is optional for students taking the ACT)
SAT 2015 and berore / PSAT 2014 and before
A SAT score of 500+ on each of the Critical Reading and Writing tests
A PSAT score of 50+ on each of the Critical Reading and Writing tests
If you have either of these scores, please let Mr. Huddle know to avoid taking the English test.